On Feb. 11, Namik Tan, ambassador of the Republic of Turkey to the U.S., visited East Lansing, Michigan to discuss the strengthening relationships and growing economic opportunities between the Republic of Turkey and Michigan.
Michigan economic representatives met with Ambassador Tan at Michigan State University's Cowles House and Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum to present information on Michigan's economic assets.
Photo: Alyssa Roland, PCF Program Manager, meets with Ambassador Tan (center) and Consul General Yildiz at the Eli and Edythe Broad Art Museum.
- Lou Anna K. Simon, President of Michigan State University
- Mark Kinsler, Vice President of Business Attraction and International Business Development for the Michigan Economic Development Corporation
- Virg Bernero, Mayor of Lansing
- Nathan Triplett, East Lansing Mayor Pro Tem
- Bob Trezise, Global Lansing representative and Lansing Economic Area Partnership President and CEO
- Ray DeWinkle, Senior Vice President of Global Business Development at the Lansing Economic Area Partnership
- Shawn Kuch, North American Commercial Manager at Dow Corning
- Arturo Cuellar, Global Market Manager of High Performance Building Solutions at Dow Corning
- Susan Awbrey, Interim Senior Vice President and Provost at Oakland University
- Don Green, Vice President and Dean for Extended and International Operations for Ferris State University
- John Berry, Director of Design West Michigan and Kendall College of Art & Design
- Matt Clayson, Director of the Detroit Creative Center
After the presentations, the Ambassador and Consul General of Turkey in Chicago, Fatih Yildiz, came to our office in East Lansing to visit with staff and to learn more about our services.
Photo: TRCNA and Prima Civitas Foundation staff with Ambassador Tan and Consul General Yildiz. Ambassador Tan is fifth from right. Consul General Yildiz is fourth from left.
We were the primary organizers for the meeting and presentations. Our role was to present Michigan's dynamism in various sectors (design, higher education, international trade development, etc.) and the state's openness to increasing economic relations with Turkey.
View a photo gallery of the Ambassador's visit here!
MessageMakers, a communications organization based in Lansing, Michigan, interviewed Ambassador Tan and captured footage from his visit.
Address from MSU President Lou Anna K. Simon: